Thursday, April 12, 2007

My first ever FR

I found this in the old seattle lair. This is my first ever FR I wrote back in September of 2006. Enjoy!

FR: Got busted running routine at Amber Hilarious night

This is a field report about my first time sarging at Amber and this happened on Friday night 9/8/2006.

At around 9pm, Snakebite calls me up to sarge with him and to meet him at Amber at 10pm. I call my friend, Shark, and picked him up from his apartment.

We arrived at Amber at around 10pm and I was overwhelmed with AA. I could feel the yellow stripe growing on my back. It was my first time ever in Amber and I was amazed at how crowded the place can be. I later spot Snakebite at Amber about 5 minutes later.

During the night, I had the pleasure of meeting Tom, Passion, and Momo, and others (sorry for not remembering your names, I'll try harder next time). It was certainly an eye-opener experience for me because I saw Snakebite, Passion, and Tom with so much high energy and opening sets without hesitation and moments later, seeing them run kino on the target.

Later on the night, Shark, and I went upstairs and saw a 3-set (HB6s).

Shark: Hey man. You should open them.
stealth: Yeah..I think I will.

Then Snakebite joins us.
Snakebite: What's going on guys?
stealth: Check out the 3-set behind you. I'm going to open them.
Snakebite: Then do it.

The 3-set was about 6 steps away from us. As I was walking toward them, the whole room became white and everything went to slow motion. I was overwhelmed with AA and my heart was beating extremely fast. Man...these were the longest 6 steps of my life. When I finally got to the set, I attempted to open them with the two-part kiss opener.

stealth: Hey guys, I need a female opinion on something.
HBTarget: Sure what is it?
stealth: two-part kiss opener

At first I was so nervous that I must have stuttered and spoke too fast. But as I kept talking, the set was still listening to me and did not blow me out. My confidence was slowly increasing and I spoke slower and louder as I delivered the opener. I was feeling good. After I delivered the opener, Snakebite comes in and I introduced him to the set. Snakebite took over the conversation and did a very good job of setting a good vibe.

The next sequence of events is where I f****ed up the whole set. I ran the C vs. U smile routine on the target. The target then gets her friend's attention and asks me about her friend's smile. I told her she has a U shape smile.

Now this is where her friend gets freaked out.

HBObstacle: Oh my god, is this a pickup line? I've heard that before. Somebody told me that I had U-shape smile. This is a pickup line isn't it?

I was busted and I was in utter shock. I kept thinking ignore and plow. I wanted to run a different routing and just plow but she kept going on and on about the Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera smiles. Apparently, somebody did a good job of running that routine on her.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, the freaked out HBTarget then points to Snakebite and says she recognizes him and swears he talked to her before. Then she talks about being picked up and stuff.

I have to admit Snakebite did a very good job of diffusing the situation. I was very impressed and relieved to have him there. Eventually, the vibe was gone and we were blown out. Sorry Snakebite...my bad.

That was the only set I opened. It felt good to get blown out because I wanted to be desensitized to it. It was definitely a good learning experience. I walked around the bar looking for Passion and others to tell them about that set. Later on I couldn't find Passion or Snakebite and I was still suffering a huge dose of AA so Shark and I went home.

My next goals are to:
1. Being bold, open more. Also 3 sec rule - I think some more time and a few more successes will help out a lot here.2. Need to work on what to do if I get busted again.3. Learn to progress past A1 (openers).

I'd really appreciate any input here, I'm working on changing my rAFC status with every bit of energy I have. Thanks all,

-stealth

1 comment:

DDD said...

you have came a long way baby :)